PDA

View Full Version : New review of Fedora 12

cmscritic
17th November 2009, 05:58 PM
We have just finished our Fedora 12 Review (http://linuxcritic.com/stories/35-Fedora-12-Review-and-Commentary.html) on Linux Critic. We will be updating it throughout the next few days with any changes and our experiences.

Please join in and share your comments

RahulSundaram
17th November 2009, 06:25 PM
Hi,

In response:

Clearlooks because desktop team felt that it fits better with Fedora's policy of working on upstream components and improving it for the benefit of everyone

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects

I think abrt just assumes currently you already have a bugzilla account. It should be enhanced over a period to become a more polished app. This is the first release with it enabled by default so it takes time to mature

There won't any support for proprietary drivers in Fedora. It goes against the fundamental philosophy of Fedora that, free and open source software benefits everyone in the longer run

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations#Freedom

Extensive work on Xorg driver improvements including Nouveau and experimental 3D support for ATI cards via Radeon driver are some of the important work done as part of this release.

SlowJet
17th November 2009, 08:26 PM
They deleted my post. They can dish dribble about icons and add-ons but can't handle the facts.
Deleting a post is a sure sign of fraud and deception.

SJ

cmscritic
17th November 2009, 08:31 PM
We delete posts that are rude and abrasive for no reason. If you want to state facts and be professional about it, by all means please do.. as soon as people start being rude and aggressive, we delete their comments.. it's a matter of respect.

Next time try a more polite approach to criticism and you won't be wasting your time.

leigh123linux
17th November 2009, 08:33 PM
They deleted my post. They can dish dribble about icons and add-ons but can't handle the facts.
Deleting a post is a sure sign of fraud and deception.

SJ

Give me a copy and I will post it on their site, if they delete it again I will delete this thread.

cmscritic
17th November 2009, 09:06 PM
For those who are interested, here is our Fedora 12 Review (http://linuxcritic.com/stories/35-Fedora-12-Review-and-Commentary.html).

Hlingler
17th November 2009, 09:11 PM
Thread restored. Threads merged.

@ cmscritic: if you do not like the responses, or you feel that they are out-of-line, use the "Report Post" feature at top right of every post, and let the Forum Staff handle it. Do NOT delete and start a new thread because you don't like the way the discussion is progressing - it's "a matter of respect" towards the other posters (even ones whose responses you don't like, but especially to any 'innocent bystanders').

V

leigh123linux
17th November 2009, 09:13 PM
Thread restored. Threads merged.

@ cmscritic: if you do not like the responses, or you feel that they are out-of-line, use the "Report Post" feature at top right of every post, and let the Forum Staff handle it. Do NOT delete and start a new thread because you don't like the way the discussion is progressing.

V

He done the same on his review, it seems he can't handle negative criticism.

cmscritic
17th November 2009, 09:19 PM
I have no problem with constructive criticism as long as it is just that, constructive. Nobody has the right to come to my site and post a rude comment that is an attack on me and is unwarranted. I have the site as a means to voice my opinion and i've no problem with people disagreeing and welcome their comments providing they are constructive and not flames.

Nobody is interested in reading something rude, there's too much of it around as it is.

Hlingler
17th November 2009, 09:27 PM
Nobody has the right to come to my site and post a rude comment that is an attack on me and is unwarranted.Personally: I agree. We have a very similar attitude here... .
Nobody is interested in reading something rude, there's too much of it around as it is.Again: agreed, however, IMO, deleting a thread because you don't like some of the posts is also rude, at least towards those who have posted "in good faith" and politely (e.g.: Rahul Sundaram, Post #2 (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=1291189&postcount=2) above.

Once again, for all members: if you believe that a post violates Forum posting Rules/Guidelines, or have other concerns, please avail yourself of the "Report Post" feature, rather than (attempting to) take matters into your own hands.

V

leigh123linux
17th November 2009, 09:30 PM
I have no problem with constructive criticism as long as it is just that, constructive. Nobody has the right to come to my site and post a rude comment that is an attack on me and is unwarranted. I have the site as a means to voice my opinion and i've no problem with people disagreeing and welcome their comments providing they are constructive and not flames.

Nobody is interested in reading something rude, there's too much of it around as it is.

I never seen Slowjet post anything rude before.

Dan
17th November 2009, 09:30 PM
I'm having a hard time finding anything professional about this entire exchange. We really do not need this.

Thread closed.