PDA

View Full Version : Autoten package installation went awry

theAdmiral
31st October 2009, 02:44 AM
I installed autoten selecting the flashplayer option. Now I cannot play videos or hear audio on YouTube, nor can I hear any audio from any mp3 file. What do I have to do to get my puter to sound out and play out?

Dangermouse
31st October 2009, 09:02 AM
Hi
looking back on your previous posts, i see that you did have flash working earlier by autoten
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=232945
What have you done since?
Have you looked in system>>preferences>>advanced volume control and checked it hasnt been changed to a update etc..

Dave

theAdmiral
31st October 2009, 03:13 PM
Hi, DM, (or whoever may respond to this message),

I can play audio in RealPlayer. I just can't play any video or audio in YouTube. I think it is still having an issue with the Flash plug-in. I had Flash playing before I upgraded from F10KDE to F11KDE, but I upgraded to F11KDE last weekend, but fresh install.

Thanks,
theadmiral

theAdmiral
31st October 2009, 03:23 PM
I also cannot play embedded mp3s using Flash at About.com.

Thanks,

theAdmiral
31st October 2009, 03:30 PM
I am trying to run Yumex, and when I installed/ran Autoten, I selected Virtualbox, and now it is getting in the way of me running Yumex.

When I open Yumex, I get the following error:

08:26:41 : Failure getting http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/fedora//repodata/repomd.xml:
08:26:41 : --> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not found
08:26:41 : Trying other mirror.
08:26:44 : Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: virtualbox. Please verify its path and try again

I would like to get rid of this so that I can run and use Yumex. How do I do that?

Thank you,

theAdmiral
31st October 2009, 04:26 PM
Ok,

I reran Autoten singling out the options for Flash for Youtube (gnash), and the Flashplayer for Firefox. Both times I got errors. For FF, it said that it just was not installed correctly and to please try again later. For YouTube, it said it couldn't retrieve repomd. Hope this helps us out to find a solution.

Thank you,

Dangermouse
31st October 2009, 05:17 PM
To disable the virtualbox repo

su
gedit /etc/yum.repos.d/virtualbox.repoand change enabled=1 to enabled=0
then rerun autoten for flash

edit i have updated autoten so that vbox repo is disabled by default so that if its offline it wont hold up yum etc.. and suggest updating to the latest autoten

su
rpm -Uvh http://dnmouse.org/autoten-4.3-2.fc12.noarch.rpm

theAdmiral
31st October 2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Dangermouse, for your prompt reply. It worked for Youtube. But, now, this is what I am trying to do: I am trying to play mp3 files embedded in a Web site such as About.com. When I click on the link to play the mp3s (I am not sure if they contain video, too), I get a separate tab opened up and some Web page content with a grey box in which, I believe, Flash is supposed to run and play the mp3. Could you help me out with this, too, please?

Thank you,

theAdmiral
31st October 2009, 06:59 PM
I updated Autoten, and it still isn't working for FF to play Flash. What next, please??

Thank you,

theAdmiral
31st October 2009, 07:07 PM
it works.

thanks