PDA

View Full Version : Can't do a Custom Layout for HDD's in F12's LiveCD Installer

Milena
22nd October 2009, 07:13 PM
Hi

I installed the latest beta live-cd on an usb drive and can boot from it without any problems, so far F12 seemed fine to me. However, when I try to install-to-hdd and choose the create custom layout option the installer crashes with no error message, it just exit. I got 2 hdd's with an existing software raid1 and raid0, made on F11 and would like to install on one of those with a fresh formatted ext4 partition, thats my plan for the F12 final version as well. Does this problem occur to anybody else ?

best regards

SlowJet
22nd October 2009, 09:06 PM
Some details about the actual disks and partitions, the number, the sizes, the anything, the everything.

I would think that there has been many changes to anaconda storage, ext4 and LVM, grub, and parted to say that you need to delete the partitions and recreate them.
Especially software raid, and because it is BETA, not a release.
Right after it is installed are 200 updates.And probably another 100 by Monday.

SJ

Milena
22nd October 2009, 10:37 PM
Hi

thanks for the quick response

for further information, i were trying to install on 2x 750gb sata2 hdds with 3 existing ext3+4 partitions, 400mb raid1 /boot, 60gb raid0 / and 1300gb raid0 /home, all ext4 except /boot is ext3. i want to keep the existing home partition on this system.