PDA

View Full Version : web developement

cathal
22nd May 2004, 02:22 AM
whats the best web developement software out there, im working in php, html, javascript etc... abd would like to find a program incorporating all, im using a normal test editor at the moment so anything ye can recommend.

HolyLiaison
22nd May 2004, 06:37 AM
Well, for PHP and HTML you can't go wrong with Dreamweaver from Macromedia. I wouldn't know much about java, never really dealt with it.

grommer
22nd May 2004, 07:10 AM
cant go wrong with dreamweaver. on the linux side Bluefish is a nice little WYSIWYG editor.

ilja
22nd May 2004, 08:05 AM
Or Quanta from the KDE-package is also very nice. If you don't need an WYSIWYG then coding with vim or emacs is also very nice. I like it even more then coding with Dreamweaver.

ghaefb
22nd May 2004, 08:22 AM
Another vote for Bluefish :)
http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index2.html

Ug
22nd May 2004, 11:16 AM
Or if you want something up and coming you could try nvu.

http://www.nvu.com

Pegasus
22nd May 2004, 11:18 AM
my 2 cents: Bluefish ;)

cathal
22nd May 2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ilja
Or Quanta from the KDE-package is also very nice. If you don't need an WYSIWYG then coding with vim or emacs is also very nice. I like it even more then coding with Dreamweaver.

Ive been using emacs and nano etc... but i want to try out some other web developement software, go away with that dreamweaver crap ill give bluefish a look heard about that before actually. Thanks guys for your input.

jimbo
22nd May 2004, 04:21 PM
I've been using Quanta... nice syntax highlighiting and nice upload capabilities (including fish!).

foolish
22nd May 2004, 06:11 PM
Screem is nice too, I can't really decide if I like Bluefish or screem the most. Qunata is really good, but then again, it's a kde app.

sailor
30th May 2004, 04:25 AM
I just recently trried Star Office 7, the HTML editor..it looks great seems to work well and is a true WYSIWYG interface....

crackers
30th May 2004, 05:42 AM
I've done a bit of HTML with OpenOffice and I must say I was impressed with the actual HTML encoding - much better and, duh, more compliant than anything I've seen done with Microsoft Office. What a surprise...

jcstille
30th May 2004, 06:27 AM
For me, I do all my java development in Nedit. It will color code syntax (once named a java file). You can also use the netbeans ide, but it presents a few runtime issues I don't like.