PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Sync on Fedora 11

Mtnman1971
3rd October 2009, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck syncing their blackberry with Fedora 11. I followed the how to but haven't had any luck.

JN4OldSchool
3rd October 2009, 04:06 PM
I have been playing with this in Arch Linux and have thus far bombed out too. :( I dont much care as i run Vista as a dual boot but it would be nice to be able to do this...

glennzo
4th October 2009, 02:20 AM
I was able to get Barry Backup to work. In the end the software and the ability to backup my BlackBerry are totally worthless in my humble opinion. But at least it worked. I guess that's a step in the right direction. I haven't tried to restore a backup. There hasn't been a need and I'm not going to do it for the sake of testing.

Mtnman1971
4th October 2009, 02:45 AM
I can get it close but for some reason the Blackberry group or member always tells me that the user is not configured. I would assume it's due tot eh configuration not saving.

glennzo
4th October 2009, 08:23 AM
Post the error output ...

Mtnman1971
4th October 2009, 04:05 PM
[charles@localhost ~]$ msynctool --sync BlackBerry
Synchronizing group "BlackBerry"
Error while synchronizing: Unable to get config data: Member has not been configured

I can never seem to get the editor to save the configuration discussed in the how to by erik.

glennzo
4th October 2009, 05:26 PM
No intelligent idea. Anything to do with groups? How about r/w permissions on certain files?

Mtnman1971
5th October 2009, 12:44 AM
The group shows up when i use the --showgroups switch. My blackberry is recognized and I can write back and fourth using file transfers. I'm thinking teh editor in question is not saving the configuration file. i believe it pops with PICO or Nano however the ^O command doesn't seem to save the file.

Mtnman1971
17th October 2009, 11:11 AM
Well once I found out that I wasn't saving the configuration file, I got a little closer. Of course now the pin isn't recognized.

[charles@localhost ~]$ msynctool --sync BlackBerry
Synchronizing group "BlackBerry"
Member 2 of type evo2-sync just connected
Member 3 of type evo2-sync just connected
Member 4 of type evo2-sync just connected
Member 1 of type barry-sync had an error while connecting: Unable to find PIN 140b328
Member 3 of type evo2-sync just disconnected
Member 4 of type evo2-sync just disconnected
Member 2 of type evo2-sync just disconnected
All clients have disconnected
The sync failed: Unable to connect one of the members
Error while synchronizing: Unable to connect one of the members