PDA

View Full Version : F11 audio volume changes everytime I switch to new song in any music player

golgotha
2nd September 2009, 09:26 PM
First of all, this is not a rhythmbox issue, but a pulseaudio one.

Everytime I click on next song (in rhythmbox or amarok), the master volume drops about 25 percent. Once the volume goes to 0, the volume cannot be modified without going into sound preferences and unmuting the volume for the application.

This is *very* annoying. Basically, it means that everytime I click on next song, I need to follow that with 2 or 3 hits of up volume. Annoying.

Anyone have a solution to this? Should I just dump pulseaudio and go back to alsa?

fart_flower
3rd September 2009, 03:28 AM
The same thing happens to me when viewing youtube videos. Each new video nudges up the volume and I have to keep turning it down.

VernDog
3rd September 2009, 06:47 AM
I thought I was the only one with this problem. I'll have to google around to see if anyone else has a fix. If I find something I'll come back here.

ozjd
3rd September 2009, 06:57 AM
I'm not sure if it will help but the Pulseaudio thread in my signature has solved a few different problems for some people. Might be worth a try.

fart_flower
3rd September 2009, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure if it will help but the Pulseaudio thread in my signature has solved a few different problems for some people. Might be worth a try.

Thanks, but "been there, done that" and I still have a mountain of issues with Pulseaudio.