PDA

View Full Version : Cursor Always Goes To Bottom Right Of Screen

geneome
26th July 2009, 02:08 AM
I booted up to Fedora today (kernel 2.6.29.5-191.fc11.x86_64) and found that after logging in, my cursor was in the bottom right hand part of the monitor. When I moved the mouse the cursor moved in the right direction but then immediately returned to the bottom right of the screen. When I click the mouse I get the options I would expect to have if the mouse was in the corner and the keyboard also works fine. So right now I can't do anything that requires a mouse since the cursor doesn't like leaving the corner of the screen. I can't even get the updates installed (hoping they might resolve they issue somehow) since I can't click anything.

Any thoughts?

The only thing that I did before this happened was installed a whole mess of updates and installed nvidia drivers.

geneome
27th July 2009, 12:03 AM
I Alt-F2'd my way to the terminal and yum updated everything and still the cursor is still greatly attracted to the lower right corner of the screen. One thing I do recall before this happened is selecting a dual monitor option in the nvidia settings (which requires the X-server restarted to get working I believe). I just shut down after that then when i restarted this issue popped up. Maybe it's part of the issue since even after trying to get a dual screen working it didn't seem to take. I'll try uninstalling the nvidia drivers later to see if that was the issue.

geneome
1st August 2009, 06:36 PM
Well, it's resolved but I'm not sure how. I didn't do anything to the nvidia driver like I mentioned in the last post, instead I just booted up after a week of not touching it and everything working fine. My only guess is that after I yum updated everything I was only warm booting up to see if the mouse was fixed and this last time I cold booted up. Maybe that made all the difference.