PDA

View Full Version : when will the kde trash bug be fixed?

ann
27th February 2004, 04:52 AM
I noticed there is a bug in kde's trash which wasn't fixed in each distribution of redhat.
The bug is:
kde use a real folder in Desktop directory of user's home for trash.It cause two problem:
1,when you login into gnome,there are two trash in desktop,one is gnome's,the other is kde's,and the files you deleted in kde can't be found in gnome's trash.it's really confusing.
2,kde use localized charactor for its trash folder's name.I'm not sure if I change my locale what will happen.

mhelios
28th February 2004, 10:46 AM
ann,

You may want to submit a bugzilla report detailing this bug. Remember to search first in case some else has already reported it. I haven't encountered this bug so cannot comment on any fixes.
Bugzilla it here:
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/

crackers
28th February 2004, 07:28 PM
In KDE, you can change where the "Trash" folder lives quite easily through the ControlCenter. I don't remember exactly where it's located in < 3.2, but in 3.2 you can reset paths from the "System Administration" -> "Paths" panel.

ann
29th February 2004, 09:48 AM
mhelios,
thanks,I have submit this bug.

crackers,
thanks too.I know exactly what you mean.but I don't agree with that.if I have to modify the setting of every account by hand,why couldn't I ask program do this by default?
And,if you modify the trash folder's path in kde to ~/..Trash,you will find two things:
1,trash disappear from kde's desktop
2,in gnome's desktop,the trash shows full even if it's empty.because kde move the .directory file into it.

By the way,if you use only one desktop,kde or gnome,and us locale,this will not happen.somehow,I should not call it "bug".It's problem between gnome and kde,and other desktop,we need more standard--desktop standard to fix this kind of problem.

mhelios
29th February 2004, 11:53 AM
By the way,if you use only one desktop,kde or gnome,and us locale,this will not happen.somehow,I should not call it "bug".It's problem between gnome and kde,and other desktop,we need more standard--desktop standard to fix this kind of problem.

Ann, This is exactly why the http://www.freedesktop.org/ project was created. Have a browse through their site if you're interested.

Ug
1st March 2004, 01:29 PM
KDE 3.2 is now complieing much more with freedesktop.org, than KDE 3.1 which can only be seen as a good thing.

I'm not really sure what the compliance of Gnome is like.