PDA

View Full Version : Rhce

slimak
22nd September 2004, 02:18 PM
HI!
There was couple of topics about the RHCE exam but is was some time ago I would like to start a new threat about it.
My question: is it wourth to take the exam? In Poland it costs 550$ so for me it's very expensive. I even don't mention the official cource - 1700$ with the exam included :eek: so i decided that i will teach myself so another question is what would be better for a "home lab" os - fedora or rh 9? I can't afford rh enterprise.

Best Wishes.

:)

ewdi
22nd September 2004, 02:58 PM
well basically there will be many section, people said troubleshooting is the hardest, it will be based on rhel, but the basic is the same unless they heavily revised the exam, also you can get academic RHEL for 39/year

slimak
22nd September 2004, 04:13 PM
i can buy RHEL this pour basic version for students for 50$ but i don't think it is worth it?

ewdi
23rd September 2004, 12:20 AM
it's worth it if u use it :)
just get the 35 bucks student subscriptions on RHN

mhelios
26th September 2004, 10:31 AM
slimak,

this from someone who isn't (but would like to be) an RHCE, but IMO, this is one of the most useful certs for someone using Redhat/Fedora products professionally and/or casually to obtain. The key reason being it is a practical based test rather than cram and regurgitate [TM]. :; This is a well respected cert in the industry; albeit expensive, and I recommend it if you desire to take that path. ;)

Ug
26th September 2004, 11:58 AM
Yes it is a well known qualification and is often see as better than a LPI certification, which is based much more on theory.