PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking 'show all windows' feature? mouse pointer to top right is slightly annoying

Icm76
15th June 2009, 08:05 PM
I'd like to tweak the show all windows feature that by default is triggered by moving the mouse to the top right most point of the desktop (using F11 with gnome) What is the feature called? Where can I tweak it or deactivate? It's handy functionality, but I keep triggering it by mistake, so really I'd prefer to create a button for it somewhere else on the panel, otherwise I'll switch it off.

EDIT: CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM) plugin is the answer, under the 'Window Management' -> 'Scale' options.

commonplace
29th June 2009, 10:10 PM
This didn't work for me. I installed CCSM and found Scale. First, I tried changing it from TopRight to TopLeft -- didn't have any effect. Mousing to the top right still invoked window scaling, and moving to the top left did nothing. Then I just unchecked Scale altogether... but that also had no effect. When I mouse to the top right, the windows scale still.

What am I missing here? I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out. It's like my settings just aren't taking effect. (I haven't tried any others yet, but I may, just to see if they do anything.)

/Kevin

commonplace
29th June 2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah, my CCSM doesn't seem to be doing anything at all, actually. None of the keybindings I set work, etc. I'm on the x64 version of Fedora 11 -- is this a known issue or am I just being ignorant?

/Kevin