PDA

View Full Version : problem wth flash player

streetfi8er
2nd June 2009, 09:02 AM
i had installed the latest release of flash player\ from adobe through yum ,but when i am tryinmg to run vedios on you-tube i get the message that i don't have flash player installed........ please help.........

axet
2nd June 2009, 08:00 PM
you may have two flash player plugins. on in your home folder another in system folder.

tdfranc
2nd June 2009, 08:09 PM
here is a good guide for the adobe flash plugin on fedora:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash

streetfi8er
3rd June 2009, 03:34 AM
you may have two flash player plugins. on in your home folder another in system folder.

hi,axel i did have an rpm in my hime folder so i removed it ,,, but still the problem remains.... i even follwed the steps given at fedora site regarding flash but same problem.......... when i did typed about:plugins in the firefox adress bar it showed the following:

NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 1.3.0

File name: npwrapper.so
nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.
This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
unknown/mime-type Do not open none Yes

tdfranc
3rd June 2009, 07:29 PM
just to be clear,
do you have a 32 or a 64 bit version of fedora?

streetfi8er
4th June 2009, 03:29 AM
just to be clear,
do you have a 32 or a 64 bit version of fedora?

it's a 32 bit version...

zablalbaz
4th June 2009, 04:20 AM
Hi streetfi8er,

In about:plugins, you should see the following:

Shockwave Flash

File name: libflashplayer.so
Shockwave Flash 10.0 d21

Also, you may want to verify that the libflashplayer plugin is linked in the following directory:

$ ls -las /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
9320 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9526312 2008-12-28 16:37 /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

streetfi8er
4th June 2009, 05:09 AM
Hi streetfi8er,

In about:plugins, you should see the following:

Shockwave Flash

File name: libflashplayer.so
Shockwave Flash 10.0 d21

Also, you may want to verify that the libflashplayer plugin is linked in the following directory:

$ ls -las /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
9320 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9526312 2008-12-28 16:37 /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

I TRIID EXECUTING THE COMMAND BUT THE RESULT WAS:

ls: cannot access /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so: No such file or directory

streetfi8er
4th June 2009, 05:12 AM
i then agin checked through yum fo the flash-plugin.THE RESULT:

Package flash-plugin-10.0.22.87-release.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

tdfranc
4th June 2009, 07:55 AM
can you check this:

ls -l /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

if you have it, you can just make a symlink in your firefox plugin directory to this file.

zablalbaz
4th June 2009, 03:38 PM
You need to find out where the libflashplayer.so file is, and link it to the directory I posted earlier.

You can use the following command to find the plugin:
$ rpm -ql flash-plugin | grep libflash

Should return the following:
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

Then you can link it into the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ directory as follows:
$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

After you run that command, you should see the libflashplayer.so linked as follows:
$ ls -las /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 2009-06-04 10:36 libflashplayer.so -> /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

And once you restart firefox, the "about:plugins" should show that shockwave flash is installed.