PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Fedora 10 on PPC Ibook G4 Installation

faytebuds03
11th May 2009, 10:49 AM
Hi I am so Naive here.... I was given ibook G4 from my Aunt's Exboyfriend, and there is no install CD, I cannot reach the guy anymore and the ibook is damaged and needs to be reformatted, since I do not have a cd I have decided to install linux on it... Ubuntu did not work on it. So I tried Fedora, but since the OSx is no longer working, I cannot install using dual boot. Is it possible to run Fedora without MAC... I really Need Help... Thanks

Fayte

ppesci
18th May 2009, 04:53 AM
Yes, you can install Fedora without MAC OS X. The installer will create its own boot partition. To use all HD, in the installer, remove all existent partitions.

HTH

faytebuds03
21st May 2009, 03:24 PM
God I really dont know how to do it! There were 4 choices on the partitioning options and I selected Remove Linux option, then it's taking whole day to format the disk and it's not working after then... I think its hopeless... :mad:

ppesci
21st May 2009, 05:12 PM
Then, install normally writing over existing linux partition. When install is complete and linux is working, you can try to delete the OS X partition rewriting with fdisk and changing grub.conf and ybin. First, install using preserving / writing linux partition.

HTH