PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

f1ebk
8th May 2009, 11:15 AM
Hi All,

I am using evolution to organize my mail , contacts and I use the calendar.

This morning, when I started evolution, I have a direct link to the wizard. For sure some important file has gone for good.

Is it possible to get the mail for the .evolution directory (i have 50Mb data in it !) to move them to another linux system .
Same for the contacts.

Another good idea could be to fix the problem (how?) and then move the whole system to another disk (is it possible ?)

Any idea ?

Thanks

EnglandA
8th May 2009, 01:40 PM
You haven't really given much of a clue as to what your problem is, but for backing up evolution and moving to another machine try this:

Go to evolution's menu -> File -> Backup Settings

Then to restore them on the new machine do File -> Restore Settings

Dangermouse
8th May 2009, 01:55 PM
Just a note on backups, i have found that restoring from a backup does not work if the backup is on removable media, copy it to the hard drive first, and it seems to work fine, why dunno? or it could be just me:rolleyes:

glennzo
8th May 2009, 02:06 PM
Just a note on backups, i have found that restoring from a backup does not work if the backup is on removable media, copy it to the hard drive first, and it seems to work fine, why dunno? or it could be just me:rolleyes:
Hey Dave. No, it's not just you. I've seen this behavior also. I always copy my Evolution backup data file to the hard disk first. Have never been able to restore from removable media.

f1ebk
8th May 2009, 02:42 PM
well, I can't backup anything, evolution is emty at the moment ( no message in it ) but .evolution directory still have my e-mail in it (more that 50Mb).