PDA

View Full Version : Error found in Xorg.0.log

STEVE555
7th May 2009, 09:19 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been compiling the DRM,Mesa,and Nouveau source codefrom the git repositories for somtime now and so far they seem to be building fine.I can still get to the desktop.

I just happened to look into /var/log/Xog.0.log and found this error :
(EE) Failed to load module "glcore" (module does not exist, 0)

I have looked into my xorg.conf and Load glcore is definetley there,so I'm a bit perplexed in why that error is showing:confused:.I'll attach the revelant files to this post.

I was wondering if there was somebody can help me in getting rid of this error.
Xorg.conf:http://pastebin.com/m68876ba9
Xorg.0.log:pastebin.com/mf592854
glxinfo.txt:pastebin.com/m46112c88

Regards,
STEVE555

Loki1950
7th May 2009, 06:43 PM
Hi Steve still at it i see.maybe this should be in AlphaBeta land since it's dealing very much with alpha gallium code ;)
Or at least some place where AdamW can see it since he seems to have adopted "nouveau" till release day.

Enjoy the Choice ;)

STEVE555
8th May 2009, 01:25 AM
Hi Loki19050,
Yeah I'm still compiling the code,and the one I've just done now just writing before this post has built successfully:) with the latest commits,I've got a slight performance boost,I was getting about 2600 f.p.s with glxgears,now it's gone up to 3000 f.p.s for now ;)

It's also a little comforting I'm not the only one compiling the code with the "nouveau" driver.
I had thought about posting ithis thread in the Rawhide/Alpha section,but since this code is more "unstable"
I thought the general support section was more appropiate.The forum admins can move it if they so wish with my permission.

The plus side is the card games that come with K.D.E work fine,and XGalaxy works fine also.

Slightly off-topic,Vegastrike is still not compiling right,I'm planning to get a fresh copy soon,and will report in that forum if I am still stuck with it.

Regards,
STEVE555

Loki1950
8th May 2009, 01:38 AM
Re Vegastrike ace committed some updates to the build scripts for dealing with gcc 4.4 so you may get a bit further this time ;) I do like those KDE card games myself the animations are better than the Gnome ones.

Enjoy the Choice :)