PDA

View Full Version : Only 1 workspace after recent updates

daviddoria
3rd May 2009, 09:54 PM
After I ran the last set of updates, the workspace switcher only allows me to have 1 workspace. When I open the preferences and change it to 3, it doesn't give any errors, but it stays at only 1.

Also, my "run a terminal" shortcut key (super L) has stopped working. I looked in system-> preferences -> personal -> keyboard shortcuts, and I didn't see super L bound to anything else, but when I press it nothing happens.

Any thoughts on either of these?

Thanks,

Dave

daviddoria
3rd May 2009, 10:01 PM
Weird... after restarting, these problems did not go away, but I restarted *twice* and everything is back to normal. Why would I have to do that?

Dave

BlueC
3rd May 2009, 11:04 PM
Weird... I saw this post, then looked at my own workspace switcher and guess what? It only shows one workspace!! This is really odd because I definitely remember all 4 workspaces being there before I last rebooted. The only think I updated today was to use 2.6.29 from updates-testing... but surely that didn't break the workspaces. Odd. I wonder if a reboot or restart of X will fix it...?

BlueC
3rd May 2009, 11:10 PM
Update: Indeed restarting X has fixed it here for me. I've never seen that happen before. Bizarre coincidence or something else? :)

BlueC
4th May 2009, 10:28 AM
Rebooted this morning and I'm back to one workspace :(

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know a solution?