PDA

View Full Version : [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

hdc
3rd May 2009, 09:13 PM
Hi guys.

Is anybody else getting this type of error while updating or installing anything during the weekend?

http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/e4d2dbe98eb12fda3a8c2732cdd9151d85e6f185-filelists.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum. Trying other mirror.
It's taking me ages to set up a system...

Thanks a lot, see you around,
hdc.

stoat
3rd May 2009, 09:25 PM
I think I would try yum clean all and then try again.

Firewing1
3rd May 2009, 09:27 PM
Also, if you are using the 'fastestmirror' plugin consider removing it, that error is one of the known side effects of using fastestmirror.

hdc
3rd May 2009, 09:30 PM
Hi stoat, thanks a lot for the quick reply, but I've already tried that, without result.
I've also run yum clean dbcache, just in case, but still nothing.

hdc
3rd May 2009, 10:01 PM
Also, if you are using the 'fastestmirror' plugin consider removing it, that error is one of the known side effects of using fastestmirror.
Thanks a lot Firewing1. I've removed that plugin after your suggestion, but my problem remains.

See you around,
hdc.

Firewing1
4th May 2009, 04:55 AM
It could be that the mirror just hasn't synced yet - give it a few more hours and try again.

hdc
4th May 2009, 01:50 PM
It could be that the mirror just hasn't synced yet - give it a few more hours and try again.
I think it's something else. I post above one output only, but most of the times it keeps trying different mirrors until I get the tombstone: 'No more mirrors left to try'.

And it seems that nobody else is having this issue. My brother is under Fedora as well, I called him yesterday and we both download some package at the same time. While he have no problem downloading from a particular mirror, In my case, from the same mirror, I get the error.

I thought that perhaps it was the filesystem, so I've made both ext 3 and ext4 installations. Still nothing. Also I've checked the install media for errors, and nothing, it seems ok. Anyway, I'm downloading a new .iso image, and give it the last shot before start thinking about some issues on my hard drive.

Thank you very much for your patience Firewing1. See you around,
hdc.