PDA

View Full Version : 4th Reinstall

BadMojo
1st May 2009, 08:52 PM
This time, after I configured the network, the login would come up, the username and password were accepted and then it would take me back to the login screen.

This is after having it boot normally a couple of time.

I don't think I am looking for help, just someone to open the beer for me and hand it to me.

Thanks.

Lcstyle
1st May 2009, 08:54 PM
Me Thinks after your 4th re-installation you might need something a bit stronger than beer :)

BadMojo
1st May 2009, 09:01 PM
yeah, but once I get this going I got to go do a windows setup.

"ITS REFORMAT FRIDAY!!! WOO HOO!"

Lcstyle
1st May 2009, 09:50 PM
Better than Two-Fer Tuesdays!

BadMojo
2nd May 2009, 12:04 AM
The sad part is that the wind'oh's reinstall is going perfectly.

I mean down to joining the domain in a heartbeat perfect.

sigh...

anyway, I will be setting up the Fedora box tonight, now that the reinstall is done.

Lcstyle
2nd May 2009, 12:21 AM
Good for you.. Im stuck Running strace on gpk-application. Now im trying to find symbols so i can run gpk-application in gdb and figure out why this DBUS crap doesnt allow a non-root user to run it with some crappy error.

"Package installer is running when the session is not active" I guess it doesn't like VNC.

BadMojo
2nd May 2009, 02:58 AM
I called the missus and told her I'm picking up a bottle of cognac, and I will put on a smoking jacket and we can install fedora "together".

She said "no thank you".

JohnnyLinux
3rd May 2009, 05:10 AM
I called the missus and told her I'm picking up a bottle of cognac, and I will put on a smoking jacket and we can install fedora "together".

She said "no thank you".

Funny. Don't give up! Tell her it will be fun.