PDA

View Full Version : Show hidden directoies in Dolphin file manager

hrh1818
22nd April 2009, 05:30 PM
How do you get the Dolphin file manager to show hidden directories? By hidden I mean directories names that start with a period. I found the option to show hidden files but so far have not found an option to show hidden directories.

If there is no option available for Dolphin for showing hidden directories then what file managers have this capability?

Howard

bbfuller
22nd April 2009, 06:34 PM
Hello hrh1818

You don't specify which version of the KDE 4 series you are using, however, I've just checked on my recently updated 4.2.2 and my earlier 4.2.1 and they both show hidden files and folders when hidden files are ticked.

As far as I can remember that has been the case throughout the KDE 4 series.

I haven't tried the effect, but I always set mine using Dolphin - View menu - Adjust View Properties it "may" be differnet if it is just selected from the "View" menu.

hrh1818
22nd April 2009, 07:26 PM
bbfuller , thank you for your reply. The secret appears to be check "All folders" in the "Apply view properties" sub menu as well as "Show hidden files" in the "Adjust view Properties" dialog. Once I clicked on "All folders" everything worked liked you described it.

Tanks once again for your timely help, Howard