PDA

View Full Version : rawhide repo broken today?



stefan1975
18th April 2009, 01:46 PM
is it just me or is rawhide kind of broken? I cannot update or install from it:



[root@localhost ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
rawhide/metalink | 8.1 kB 00:01
rawhide | 3.8 kB 00:00
http://ftp.tudelft.nl/download.fedora.redhat.com/linux/development/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for rawhide
Trying other mirror.
rawhide | 3.8 kB 00:00
http://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for rawhide
Trying other mirror.
rawhide | 3.8 kB 00:00
ftp://ftp.SURFnet.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for rawhide
Trying other mirror.
rawhide


s..

drag
18th April 2009, 06:50 PM
Ya. Same exact problem for me.

Effectively has removed the ability for me to upgrade or install software..

~$ rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo
fedora-release-10.92-1.noarch

scottro
18th April 2009, 10:03 PM
Hrrm, no mention that I see on the testing list.

Seems to be a metalink issue, which happens from time to time. Comment out the metalink line and try.

That worked for me.

stefan1975
18th April 2009, 10:47 PM
Hrrm, no mention that I see on the testing list.

Seems to be a metalink issue, which happens from time to time. Comment out the metalink line and try.

That worked for me.

jup...that helped. thx. still odd though.

jonathan47
19th April 2009, 12:20 AM
I have the same problem. I'm not sure I've identified the "metalink line" that needs to be commented out. I'm assuming that line is in the fedora-rawhide.repo file under [rawhide]. If I'm on the right track, do you mean the 2nd line in the following:

#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch

Thank you!

Demz
19th April 2009, 12:28 AM
last i knew about it, i think presto rpms couldnt be made. something like that so they werent pushing out updates.

scottro
19th April 2009, 01:16 AM
That was yesterday, or two days ago, I think. Sound right?
I didn't see any mention of it today, I don't think, but if Demz says he saw it (Today), I'd trust him over me. :)



There's now been some mention of it on the list, and apparently, the main fix is to simply force it to use the base repo rather than mirrors.

One of those things that I imagine will be cleared up shortly.

Presto seems to be working for me. When I forced it to use the base rather than a mirror, it downloaded several deltas, which have a .drpm suffix. It then built them, which takes a wee bit of time, at least on the underpowered netbook--but only a wee bit, probably about as long as it would have taken to download the full versions of the rpms, then it got the rest, and installed.

Then, I got that satisfying little message how it had downloaded something like 30 MB instead of 64 and there was a savings of 50 something percent.

So, seems to be good.

Demz
19th April 2009, 01:32 AM
That was yesterday, or two days ago, I think. Sound right?
I didn't see any mention of it today, I don't think, but if Demz says he saw it (Today), I'd trust him over me. :)



There's now been some mention of it on the list, and apparently, the main fix is to simply force it to use the base repo rather than mirrors.

One of those things that I imagine will be cleared up shortly.

Presto seems to be working for me. When I forced it to use the base rather than a mirror, it downloaded several deltas, which have a .drpm suffix. It then built them, which takes a wee bit of time, at least on the underpowered netbook--but only a wee bit, probably about as long as it would have taken to download the full versions of the rpms, then it got the rest, and installed.

Then, I got that satisfying little message how it had downloaded something like 30 MB instead of 64 and there was a savings of 50 something percent.

So, seems to be good.
i did see it mentioned on the test-list the other day but there has been no mention of it being fixed so i assume that its still having problems

jonathan47
19th April 2009, 02:17 AM
Thanks for everyone's help. I activated the base and commented mirrors out. It works.