PDA

View Full Version : Gaim hangs my audio/sound

delpi
26th February 2004, 05:29 PM
When I run Gaim v0.75, after a while....I found out that the audio on my system is not working.

There is no sound that coming from the speaker although it is suppose to i.e. when i'm playing my mp3.

I run this command /usr/sbin/lsof /dev/dsp and it list the Gaim process which is giving problem to my audio.

Anyone has any idea?

foolish
27th February 2004, 12:09 AM
Sounds weird to me, but it may be that you're unable to play more than one sound at a time because you haven't started the sound services, see the Prefrences in your menu and Sound. Make sure the sound service is started. Let us know how this works out.

delpi
27th February 2004, 02:52 AM
I have enable the sound server startup option in the Preferences->Sound menu.

Has anyone experience the same problem?

fjleal
29th February 2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by delpi
When I run Gaim v0.75, after a while....I found out that the audio on my system is not working.

There is no sound that coming from the speaker although it is suppose to i.e. when i'm playing my mp3.

I run this command /usr/sbin/lsof /dev/dsp and it list the Gaim process which is giving problem to my audio.

Anyone has any idea?
Yes, I got that problem also. I worked that out by going to Tools -> Preferences -> Sounds and selecting ESD as the sound method (there's a combo for that).