PDA

View Full Version : 4.4 For PPC DVD

carlfriend1
1st April 2009, 10:44 AM
that has to be wrong, DVD install for others is 3.4

cgrim
1st April 2009, 10:24 PM
What are you speaking about? Promile? Speed? Version? Color? Date? Radius of DVD disk? Vertical or horizontal size of the DVD case? Loudnes? Amount of information units? What units? Apples ... plums ... ;-)

carlfriend1
2nd April 2009, 12:39 AM
dvd download of others iso is only 3.4 and will fit on dvd to install ppc dvd download is 4.4. Sorry but 4.4 iso will not fit on a dvd.

terrigan
2nd May 2009, 12:56 PM
He's right.. The PPC Preview for Leonidas is 4.63gb.. which doesn't fit a standard DVD

hephasteus
2nd May 2009, 02:16 PM
Oh no. Leonidas has too many gigabytes. They better start taking stuff off install. Ok. it's just the power pc version. You're going to have to download the CD versions or burn it on a dual layer disk.

terrigan
2nd May 2009, 02:58 PM
Wow what a jerky response.. boy i'm sure glad i downloaded Fedora and joined the forums. Maybe that was a mistake. Like i'm going to waste a dual layer on prerelease software.

Update: Gonna try the netinstall, lets see if it works for my G4 Cube.

Update 2: Netinstall not working, doesn't let me configure WiFi, which is WEP secured so can't obtain IP address.

hephasteus
3rd May 2009, 03:03 AM
Wasn't meant to be jerky. I was just shocked that it was over 4.35 gb. I thought when you posted that all of them were over and I hadn't noticed. I guess the PPC having such small instruction set is bloating the code way up in size. Sorry network giving you problems. You could try the cd install though it's a bit of a pain switching them in and out on install.

terrigan
3rd May 2009, 03:46 AM
Yeah.. i think i'm going to have to use the CD install.. ah well.

Demz
3rd May 2009, 04:13 AM
report these issues in Bugzilla.. links in my sig, make fedora11 final all that much more stable for the community