PDA

View Full Version : Problems to install nvidia geforce 9 series driver in fedora 10

abc4bc
18th March 2009, 07:27 AM
Hi everybody, I'm newbie on this of linux... and I want to learn about it.... so I have a few problems to install my Nvidia Graphics driver is a Nvidia Geforce Card 9400 GT I already downloaded the drivers from his nvidia site.... I followed some steps to install the driver (nvidiapackage.run)... and works good but when i almost to finish to install the nvidia's driver and when the driver want to compilate the kernel appears a error...ERROR: Unable to load the kernel module 'nvidia.ko'. This happens most
frequently when this kernel module was built against the wrong or
improperly configured kernel sources, with a version of gcc that differs
from the one used to build the target kernel, or if a driver such as
rivafb/nvidiafb is present and prevents the NVIDIA kernel module from
obtaining ownership of the NVIDIA graphics device(s), or NVIDIA GPU
installed in this system is not supported by this NVIDIA Linux graphics
driver release.
My kernel version is already updated...I did with the command # yum install gcc make binutils kernel-devel /// so I dont know what is the problem...... also sorry for my english its really bad :D... I will waiting for help. thanks..:D

Seve
18th March 2009, 08:27 AM
Helo:
Follow the guide located here: http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f10.html#nvidia
You will have much fewer headaches :)

Seve

baluzz
7th September 2009, 07:30 AM
hi i am also using the same Nvidia grafics card....there is no need to install Drivers seperately in fedora..it will detect the hardware automatically on installation of OS....then there may be a chance for some kernal errors...i mean kernal panic and some errors due to syncing while installation....i got that errors during installation...

i dont know what is the actual reason behind this...but i solved this problem by complete installation by changing my memories......ie,when i used 1gb memory (512+512) during instaaltion it detects Nvidia card and completed installation..
again i am saying that i dont know the real problems behind this ....but i solved this problem like i mentioned...
sorry if i am wrong