PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been comming to FedoraFourm?

earobinson111
6th September 2004, 04:31 PM
I love polls so here is another: how long have you been comming here? just intrested in the amount of active users. Pick the answer that best suites u duh. eg, if you have been comming here for 3 days pick a week, 4 years pick 5.

ghaefb
6th September 2004, 04:36 PM
Check out the Join Date....

lol, you can remove 1year and more... :D

earobinson111
6th September 2004, 04:39 PM
lol i am to check the join date of every user... i dont think so, and how i edit the poll?

Tashiro
6th September 2004, 05:34 PM
Hey earobinson111,

Just been here for 3 months, but here to stay.
Really like the attitude of this community, helping eachother,
no flaming, no leetspeak and so on. And not to forget the
OS we are all running, Fedora Core.

Tashiro

pigpen
6th September 2004, 09:52 PM
I have been using the fedora forum on artoo.net until the merge.

edit: if the join date was also merged, i may have lied (1 year).
if so, how can i alter my poll?

DarkMasterMatt
6th September 2004, 09:59 PM
'Bout a week or two.

imdeemvp
6th September 2004, 10:01 PM
aerobison111,

this forum was created about a year ago the last 3 lines dont even apply yet and who ever voted a year IS wrong!

this forum was opened in february of 2004 :eek:

sailor
7th September 2004, 02:52 AM
I joined in March of 2004...so it just happened that Fedora Forum was there :)...lucky for me :D

Jman
7th September 2004, 06:32 PM
Since March, so 6 months.

I fixed the poll, 5, 10, and more than 10 (!) options are gone. Moved one from one year to 9 mo.

We just started this year people! Some of us need to keep track of time better. :)

pigpen
8th September 2004, 12:03 AM
now my vote is gone and the poll says i've already voted...
maybe the "fix" needs some fixing ;) SP2, so to say

imdeemvp
8th September 2004, 12:05 AM
pig pen,

to late now....just say here how long you been a member.....LOL :p

Ug
8th September 2004, 12:10 AM
FedoraForum.org came into existance in the late days of January, but didn't really start until I turned up in the beginning of February.

Artoo.net was around since November but flatlined. So if we're going to be accurate the forum really started as of the 5th February 2004.

imdeemvp
8th September 2004, 12:15 AM
ug,

your membership date says 2.3.04...just before release i suppose?

mark
8th September 2004, 02:40 AM
I know I lurked a while at first, but I was a bit surprised when I checked my profile & found that I registered on 4/26/04 - it feels like I've been around this forum longer than that. (BTW - that's a compliment, based on the "comfort level" here... ;) )

carlwill
8th September 2004, 03:24 AM
about one month - I love how friendly the community is !!! :p

imdeemvp
8th September 2004, 04:20 AM
about one month - I love how friendly the community is !!! :p

no kidding........we sure give you all the LOVE :p

carlwill
8th September 2004, 05:18 AM
no kidding........we sure give you all the LOVE :p

That is important - to me atleast. I am on forums all day while I am at work and I think I was reg in the Gentoo forums and that was the worst thing I have ever seen :(

Very rude and a bad personality complex to go with a huge I am linux god ego.

Fedora forum admins and users (especially you imdeemvp) are very fun, smart, & easy to get along with.

Too bad we all can't have like an annual meeting to hnag out and play with Linux. ;)

Ug
8th September 2004, 07:26 AM
I remember when I was the biggest spammer in the village - oh wait.

imdeemvp
8th September 2004, 08:07 AM
I remember when I was the biggest spammer in the village - oh wait.

did some say something :rolleyes:

carlito's way, it all good.....bro ;)

pigpen
8th September 2004, 08:53 AM
so it will suffice if i say i've been here since "da merge" :D
and it really feels like it's been longer.... that's a compliment, also
cheers

inha
8th September 2004, 03:50 PM
about 4 months so I picked 3. got to say that I like the place. I haven't asked too many questions for which I didn't get an answer relatively fast.

earobinson111
8th September 2004, 06:59 PM
So realy the fourm had a boom about 3 months ago with all us noobs lol.

muckraker
8th September 2004, 07:20 PM
About a month. Been checking it out a little bit before that. I really dig how it's specific to my distro, and yeah, there is that sense of community there.

Jman
8th September 2004, 10:45 PM
pigpen, the poll fix included changing your 1 year vote to 9 mo. I hope I haven't ruined your sense of democratic responsibility in the confusion.

Fedora forum admins and users (especially you imdeemvp) are very fun, smart, & easy to get along with.

Too bad we all can't have like an annual meeting to hnag out and play with Linux. ;)
That's what being polite and helpful can get you.

We could arrange a meeting. Little issues like scheduling and which continent to hold it on may get in the way. And if you have a local Linux user group they are hopefully just as friendly.

imdeemvp
9th September 2004, 05:03 AM
Jman,

i agree how about a LAN party.......:D ???

nekkid
10th September 2004, 03:04 PM
*waves* First day here :)

Finalzone
11th September 2004, 12:33 AM
See the date on my name. I found this forum while I often visited Fedora News using early test version of Fedora Core 2.

desipher
11th September 2004, 12:36 AM
This forum rocks!!!!. Very friendly community.

carlwill
11th September 2004, 02:35 AM
*waves* First day here :)

welcome ;)

imdeemvp
11th September 2004, 02:46 AM
nekkid,

you are just another happy fc user.....:D

nekkid
11th September 2004, 07:17 PM
I most certainly am! I was actually forced into Linux as my machine refused to install Windows XP and I originally started with RH9 and moved to FC1 and just very recently upgraded to FC2. I'm very pleased with Fedora. Love it! I use it as my main desktop to do everything. :)

sayeeth
12th September 2004, 01:28 PM
I have been here since 16-07-2004. So i chose 3 months :P. Well nekkid, its a good thing your system refused to install WinXP. Its hazardous for your computer. Any flavour of GNU/Linux especially Fedora Core is ideal! ;). Happy using FC!! :D

badfinger
12th September 2004, 01:50 PM
Well freinds, I'm just for a week here now or so. Anyway, I guess in Fedora I found a linux distro that seems to be equivalent to the word free :) Right now I run Fedora Core 1, updated.

Haven't posted yet, because I'm a linux newbie, and so I lurked a little, but I guess this thread here is the right place to say hello and tell some little bits about me.

My realname is Marcel Nebeling. I'm from Germany, live in Augsburg and I'm becomming a network administrator. I attended the Cisco Network Academy, have the CCNA and so far my education is going very well. In my sparetime, I write short stories (some even in english), love to read (for more than 5 yeras mostly english books), like to collect english books, play billard (a year or so in the club gave me the basics), love photoshop (so if you can help me out to run this on linux properly, I would appreciate it, because this would mean, that linux will only be booted for gaming purposes) and do graphic design. I'm also interested in computers, networks, security and such matters. But who hasn't guessed that :) I'm 26 years old (still). I love heavy metal, hardrock, blues and many more music types, as long as it is music, if you know what I mean :P

My linux advenvtures went from Mandrake (don't kill me for that), Red Hat (which is still my fave), SuSe (well, even as I'm German, I don't like it somehow), Debian (could you pls spell complicated :P) and now Fedora. In my academy I have also linux education, and now, as I got hooked up with some basics, I can say, I like it quite well. It's somehow very cool, to have the total controll about everything. Working with linux helps you to understand all things better, I would say.

I'm not a fighter against M$, because I know, I will have to face it in my job later and I would say, both linux and m$ have there right to exist. But I have to say, linux is somewhat cooler for an admin, as m$. At the desktop, Windows owns linux, because of the support of so much proggys. But if you have a way for me to run my loved Adobe Photoshop on linux, I have no real need to get back to Windows :)

Anyway, it's fun to be here. Best wishes to all and have a nice day!
-Badfinger

Cerberus
18th September 2004, 11:17 PM
Suppose im the newbie here. About 20 minutes on the forum.

Im not using fedora YET but will be as soon as i backup all my files. Ive tried it but the machine it was running on was just to old (read to slow) for it so its going on my main rig in the next few days.