PDA

View Full Version : ndiswrapper and PAE kernel

KirkD
3rd March 2009, 07:17 AM
OK, so I just updated the latest kernel (now running 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.i686) and I decided to give the PAE version a go. It appears that everything is working A-OK fine and I can now see my full 4 GB under system monitor. The only thing that doesn't appear to be working is my wireless driver ndiswrapper. If I go into the non-PAE kernel, ndiswrapper works fine.

My question is, what do I need to install for ndiswrapper under PAE? Currently I have akmod for ndiswrapper as it always updates itself with the kernel, or maybe there is an ndiswrapper update at the same time as the kernel - not sure.

Also, is there anything I should be on the watch for with a PAE kernel? I've heard (read) of bad experiences with it, but it seems to me that the main things I run were OK.

-Kirk

stoat
4th March 2009, 01:47 AM
My question is, what do I need to install for ndiswrapper under PAE?The RPM Fusion kmod-ndiswrapper is offered in a PAE version. Maybe that would work.

KirkD
4th March 2009, 02:11 AM
I'll check for that. Any idea whether it will collide with or otherwise interfere with the non-PAE version? If I have both active, will it cause problems or do I need to ensure only one is running?