PDA

View Full Version : Pixma iP4500 Printer Problem

mwinn22
2nd March 2009, 07:25 AM
I have had this printer for a while now but I just recently installed fedora 10... It seemed to recognize my printer just fine but when I printed something only blank pages came out so I looked on a couple of forums to see if there is a driver and can't find anything.... Anyone know what I could do to fix this issue? Thanks!

measekite
2nd March 2009, 05:10 PM
I have had this printer for a while now but I just recently installed fedora 10... It seemed to recognize my printer just fine but when I printed something only blank pages came out so I looked on a couple of forums to see if there is a driver and can't find anything.... Anyone know what I could do to fix this issue? Thanks!

I have an IP4000. I tried F10 LiveCD and installed the recommended CUPs driver and then ran the test and printed out the test page. I then created a two page document and it printed duplex. I did not go further.

I would remove the printer from the OS and then reinstall the recommended CUPs driver. Report back and let us know.

mwinn22
3rd March 2009, 01:05 AM
Well I wasn't too sure on how to uninstalled the printer but I just went into the printer options and deleted the printer from there... Then I reinstalled the printer and I still have the still problem....

measekite
3rd March 2009, 01:29 AM
Well I wasn't too sure on how to uninstalled the printer but I just went into the printer options and deleted the printer from there... Then I reinstalled the printer and I still have the still problem....

Try doing this again but this time reboot the machine and then choose a different driver if there is a choice.

Are you sure you have ink in the carts?

Did you configure the driver and set defaults?

Bring up your browser after you install it and go to cups and set you defaults there and try to print a test page.