PDA

View Full Version : Script to focus screen :0.1

leeko
28th February 2009, 03:27 AM
Hi all,

I'm running mythdora 10.21 x64, with Gnome and 2 X-screens. My LCD monitor is screen :0.0 and the TV is screen :0.1.

I've set mythfrontend to start on screen 0.1, and it works well. But, some of the menus don't work properly unless the screen has focus. If I've left the mouse cursor on screen :0.0 (the LCD), I have to physically move the mouse to the right (onto screen :0.1) before the menu accepts user input.

I've searched high and low, but can't find how to script the mouse movement so I can bind the script to a key on my remote. In KDE, it was possible to bind "ctrl+m" to give mythfrontend focus, but I can't seem to find an equivalent feature in gnome...

I've looked into:

1. xmacro (but it won't install due to a missing X record extension, which would require a recompile of my X server)

2. Xlib mousemove (which sounds like it's what I need, but I can't find any info on how to install it or use it in Fedora)

If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it! All I want to do is give screen :0.1 (and therefore mythfrontend) focus.