PDA

View Full Version : Strange Issues

CheeseWarfare
20th May 2004, 01:37 AM
Okay I'm new by a week to Fedora. Today I installed Fedora Core 2. It told me it was going to need all 4 discs. At 110 minutes to go the installation stopped with Disc 2 in and had the system reboot as if it was done.

It boots up perfectly until it comes to the "localhost login:" screen it will restart the screen several times and then say " I cannot find the X server(Your graphical interface). It seems that the pointer(your mouse) is not setup correctly." And then I go to the mouse config utility and I tried lots of dirrent configs and I still get the same problem.

What I mainly want to know is what to do. I'm guessing I probably need to reinstall FC 2. Thanks for any help!

jusaus
20th May 2004, 02:08 AM
Yes, sounds like you will have to reinstall.
At the About to Install screen Anaconda (the system installer) will tell you what discs you will need according to the packages you have selected. For example, if you select the Personal Desktop option, you will only need the first 2 discs and Anaconda will inform you of such.
Since you were told you need all 4 discs and the install rebooted at disc 2, I would think something went wrong and as such x is not configured properly.
I would reinstall since I am almost sure that x is not the only problem you may have with the incomplete install.