PDA

View Full Version : New Live CDs not booting 'Kernel panic-not syncing: Attempted to kill init'

digital8doug
6th February 2009, 12:25 AM
Downloaded both Live & KDE Live iso. Burned CDs normally using ImgBurn 2.4.2.0, KDE CD was verified.
All attempts to boot either CD versions fail on Asus G1S-B1, & G2K-A1.
From the Last 2 lines displayed on screen (Not sure what to try next or do, felt DL of DVD would waste bandwidth
swapper used greatest stack depth 3752 bytes left

Seve
6th February 2009, 12:27 AM
Get thee to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ :;)

Seve

dustymnt
19th February 2009, 04:13 PM
Asus eee PC 901, after successful network install, failed to boot as above. Adding "selinux=0" boot param rsulted in a successful boot. I did the usual initial stuff, including a full update, and then attempted to reboot (with selinux disabled), but without success.

A successful reinstall via network with selinux disabled failed to reboot, as before.

Vansolrick
27th February 2009, 10:24 AM
I had a similar problem on my HP Pavilion ZE5547WM. The live cd (KDE) would boot and before loading the desktop, it had many popups saying that there was a kernel panic. I was able to exit all of them and the desktop finished loading. Then it had a problem with loading the widgets. I have not tested anything else after that; I rebooted back into my HD afterward.

jonathonp
10th March 2009, 06:00 AM
Kernel panic with fedora 11 alpha live CD on Asus N50VC. Installed Ubuntu Juanty (devel) from the live CD and is working well. This pre release is really impressive.