PDA

View Full Version : FC8 Evolution NOTHING shows in msg Pane

RazorTooth
21st January 2009, 11:55 PM
My FC8 Evolution downloads POP3 account.but NOTHING shows in message Pane.

Description:From system boot, Evolution opens in disconnect status. When I connect, The Folder pane shows messages are updating in inbox - message count is updated. Nothing Shows in the Message Pane. Moving down through folders, the only message I see is from Sent Folder. Sent Folder shows a message and the message preview pane also fills with the sent message. Outbox and inbox folders show nothing.

History : Issue began when I downloaded a 3MB PDF parts catalog to send to a friend. I sellected the PDF file from my desktop and selected "send to:". Filled in the recipients email address, and then thought I'd also include another similar 3+ MB PDF Catalog using the "attachment" feature. When both attachments and text was filled out , I sent the e-mail. To a hotmail account...

Later I see the message is still in the Outbox and the outbox is frozen. I rebooted out of the application and saw a dump as the system closed down. After that the inbox has not displayed. I have since contacted the recipient, and he says the catalogs both came through "just fine". But my inbox and my outbox are both not visible from the application. The email which the recipeint says he got, is not in the veiwable "sent" folder.

When I look at the e-mail spooler files for my account the inbox is over 64MB and I have seen it grow. What needs to b done to get the application to acknowledge or re-index the inbox for viewing??

I have since gone back and configured Evolution to leave copies of the mail on the pop server. But I have some that were moved into my inbox which I cannot view. As a work around , I am accessing the account on a webmail client.

I have tried Mail backup and restore - it goes through the motions but still won't view the "message pane".

I have read several things about NOT removing the evolution server. I would like to do file maintenance, but need guidance on which files to "touch", I don't want to wipe out the inbox.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

leigh123linux
22nd January 2009, 12:07 AM
My FC8 Evolution downloads POP3 account.but NOTHING shows in message Pane.

Description:From system boot, Evolution opens in disconnect status. When I connect, The Folder pane shows messages are updating in inbox - message count is updated. Nothing Shows in the Message Pane. Moving down through folders, the only message I see is from Sent Folder. Sent Folder shows a message and the message preview pane also fills with the sent message. Outbox and inbox folders show nothing.

History : Issue began when I downloaded a 3MB PDF parts catalog to send to a friend. I sellected the PDF file from my desktop and selected "send to:". Filled in the recipients email address, and then thought I'd also include another similar 3+ MB PDF Catalog using the "attachment" feature. When both attachments and text was filled out , I sent the e-mail. To a hotmail account...

Later I see the message is still in the Outbox and the outbox is frozen. I rebooted out of the application and saw a dump as the system closed down. After that the inbox has not displayed. I have since contacted the recipient, and he says the catalogs both came through "just fine". But my inbox and my outbox are both not visible from the application. The email which the recipeint says he got, is not in the veiwable "sent" folder.

When I look at the e-mail spooler files for my account the inbox is over 64MB and I have seen it grow. What needs to b done to get the application to acknowledge or re-index the inbox for viewing??

I have since gone back and configured Evolution to leave copies of the mail on the pop server. But I have some that were moved into my inbox which I cannot view. As a work around , I am accessing the account on a webmail client.

I have tried Mail backup and restore - it goes through the motions but still won't view the "message pane".

I have read several things about NOT removing the evolution server. I would like to do file maintenance, but need guidance on which files to "touch", I don't want to wipe out the inbox.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Don't double post ! , thread closed