PDA

View Full Version : Gnome-Scheduler not working, but crond and atd are enabled and running?

Vector
20th January 2009, 04:26 AM
"Gnome-Scheduler not working, but crond and atd are enabled and running?" That pretty much says it all. I've used this before, as an alarm clock, but now, it doesn't seem to be working... I never changed my command, and also i've used the "Execute command" button to test my command, and the command works fine. So, if both crond and atd are enabled and running, then what could be causing my commands not to be run?

Hey, does it matter that i am mass-transcoding DVDs, and both CPUs stay at 100% utilization? Would it NOT run a command if that is the case? I ask this because i could swear that i've seen literature some where about one of the schedule based commands not running if the system was being used heavily, but i thought that was for anacron...

BTW, the command (in case anyone has doubts) is:
xmms "/Multimedia-2/Music/Eisbrecher/Antikörper/Phosphor.mp3"

Thanx

Vector
12th February 2009, 01:17 PM
I've finished mass transcoding DVDs, and i still have problems with this crap working. I noticed before that the commands tend not to work when there is a high CPU load, but now that i have no load at all they still are not working!
This is bull****....
Cron is installed and running, but a repetitive or recurring task is not running. Any clues?