PDA

View Full Version : MRI DICOM medical images

DaveVentresca
19th January 2009, 01:58 AM
Any MDs out there using Fedora 10? My Dad is a Chiropractor/Acupuncturist and he periodically has to open DICOM images from a CODONICS cd and a program called eFilmLt.exe. I'm not really familiar with the program, but my dad explained that on a windows computer, he puts the cd in and a program opens up that allows him to view the dicom images and zoom, move them around, etc. I snooped around on the disc remotely from my computer and found some image files, but it looks like the eFilmLt.exe program manages the images in layers and displays them in a certain way ... .exe files of course don't work on Linux, so...I need to find a way to get the dicom images to load correctly on Fedora 10 from a CODONICS cd with the image results of an MRI on it.
-Dave

Lindy
19th January 2009, 05:20 AM
Does doctor of mixology count?... You might find Kradview (http://www.orcero.org/irbis/kradview/) of interest.

topiwala
15th August 2011, 08:51 AM
i tried to open a DICOM image in gimp and it crashed...can somebody tell me how to open a dicom file in gimp.....gimp crashes every single time i try to open a Dicom file...