PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew software

poratnir
18th January 2009, 09:38 PM
well i have hebrew font but i am trying to use mp3 player and the id3 Tag seem as Gibrish...

i want a software like Audiocos ...

I tried xmms2 same problem..
is there a way to edit the default font for this soft??

i tried to look in the options but no luckl

PabloTwo
18th January 2009, 10:07 PM
I use Audacious and I see it does not provide support for the Hebrew language. But I also use Quod Libet, which does provide support for the Hebrew language. If you want to try that one:

yum install quodlibet

I don't know how, or if, you can set the language environment to Hebrew (he) just for Quod Libet, or if you have to set that as a system-wide setting for it to work in Quod Libet. In any case, the language support is there:

~/> rpm -ql quodlibet | grep /he/
/usr/share/locale/he/LC_MESSAGES/quodlibet.mo

poratnir
18th January 2009, 10:21 PM
is there a software like winamp??

poratnir
18th January 2009, 10:23 PM
by the way not supporting hebrew..

PabloTwo
18th January 2009, 10:50 PM
is there a software like winamp??
xmms and audacious come the closest to looking like winamp and they can both use winamp skins, but they are not the same code.

by the way not supporting hebrew..
I don't know exaclty what you mean when you talk in half sentences like that. Do you mean that Quod Libet is not supporting Hebrew? If that's what you're saying, I just showed you that Quod Libet does provide support for the Hebrew language. If it's not working for you then it's probably because you have not installed and/or setup the proper environment for it to work as yet. How you would go about doing that I don't know. Perhaps someone more experinced at using multiple language support in Fedora would be better suited to assisting you there. I only use English so I don't have any experience at setting support for multiple languages and/or changing languages.

poratnir
19th January 2009, 07:31 AM
well the hebrew id3tag look like jibrish... it cannot be read.... if it is on the list...

simple as that...

PabloTwo
19th January 2009, 03:24 PM
The Hebrew language support provided by Quod Libet is for it's own internal program dialogs, not for external text such as would be found in id3tags. From a quick Google search I did myself, I think perhaps you may need to be looking for a BiDi translator program. Try doing some Google searches yourself for that and see what light that might shed on your problem, or not.