PDA

View Full Version : Flash Stopped working in Firefox... :-( ... help?!!?

DaveVentresca
8th January 2009, 08:14 AM
I'm not sure why but all the sudden running Fedora 10 (Gnome), it seems like flash has stopped working or isn't being played right or something. When I go to Edit -> Preferences -> Applications and down to Flash Video, it says "Use Movie Player (Default)" and down at Shockwave Flash it says "Use Shockwave Flash (in Firefox)". Any ideas?

www.democracynow.org - a site I frequent often, I am no longer able to load video on. among others

-Dave

DaveVentresca
9th January 2009, 04:47 AM
Bump. Can anyone think of a reason this would happen?

Hlingler
9th January 2009, 04:51 AM
Please don't "bump" a thread until at least 24 hours pass without a response. It would also be better to post what action(s) YOU have taken towards resolving the problem.

Thanks for your understanding.

V

robertdaleweir
12th January 2009, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure why but all the sudden running Fedora 10 (Gnome), it seems like flash has stopped working or isn't being played right or something. When I go to Edit -> Preferences -> Applications and down to Flash Video, it says "Use Movie Player (Default)" and down at Shockwave Flash it says "Use Shockwave Flash (in Firefox)". Any ideas?

www.democracynow.org - a site I frequent often, I am no longer able to load video on. among others

-Dave

Hi
I am unable to view youtube videos and for that matter any video through Firefox. I have Version 3.0.5 and it did work a few weeks ago.
I have attempted to update to the latest flashplayer from Adobe and it tells me that it is already installed. Version 10.0.15.3 I believe. The only one available is an i386 version and I am running x86_64 FC10 but this has not changed recently I think.
My 'Edit -> Preferences -> Applications and down to Flash Video, it says' Use gecko-mediaplayer.0.9.2. Adobe Player is not even an option.
As well down at Shockwave Flash it says' Use VLC media player' and no other options. I rely on being able to view Videos from the Net and this is troublesome.
I am not sure exactly when this started happening but last Xmas I think it was working properly.
I post here because when I did a search your post seems to be very similar. Sorry that I do not at this time have a solution as I am still struggling with this issue.

robertdaleweir
12th January 2009, 06:18 PM
Hi
I was able to solve my problem using info at this site -->> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=205642

marcrblevins
13th January 2009, 07:22 AM
I tried my youtube site and that democracy site on my rig, using i386, not 64 bits. My flash was installed from Dangermous' autoten.

Leigh123 version deal with 64 bits rig.

DaveVentresca
13th January 2009, 08:27 AM
Issue Sorted. Thanks for the help everyone!
-Dave