PDA

View Full Version : Plymouth Boot Hangs (disconnected from boot status daemon)

Kivamaki
1st January 2009, 09:45 PM
So I was installing compiz-fusion and then installed some updates needed for Fedora. After that my computer needed to restart, so I restarted it. In the process, the restart of Fedora just freezes, so I had to manually restart it. But now everytime I start the Fedora, the graphical boot fully loads all the way up then just stops and doesn't do anything. So it just hangs.

So I hit ESC the next time to view the text boot up and at the very end this error came up:

error: unexpectedly disconnected from boot status daemon

How can I fix this so I can boot into Fedora? Using other computer for now.

zhaoshengshi
1st March 2009, 04:52 PM
maybe you have uninstalled the plymouth-gdm-hooks. re-install it.

D_bot
23rd March 2009, 09:11 PM
i am having the same problem on a fresh install, the system should be up-to-date, fc10, i can log in as root, the system is apparently in run level 5, yet no GUI

with rhgb absent from the kernal arg, the last thing that happens is the successful loading of anacron

i do not see how i could have possibly uninstalled any plymouth hooks, is there a way to fix this?

D_bot
24th March 2009, 01:37 PM
Could someone please take a wild stab at this? Or could we move the entire thread to a more appropriate place, like installation problems perhaps?

This is my work computer. It is embarrassing that a new installation of Fedora broke it. Not to mention the fact that my productivity has gone way down. I did everything right: all my old files have been restored, Lotus notes even works.

This might have broken after an update because I can't believe I did not test to see if it would reboot on that hardware. Although the previous kernel now has the same problem. And while the network was working fine last Friday, I am having trouble getting connected while logged into the console with root.

This is an Intel Core 2 Duo. I used the i686 live install disk which I used for fc8 with no problem. It is some kind of Dell chipset, UBCD utilities could not recognize it.

Somewhere in my hacking I see problems with an mtrr: no MTRR for d0000000, ff000000; or error setting MTRR base(d0000000) is not aliigned on a size (ff000000) boundary

Also in my hacking I can not determine what the actual run-level is. But mingetty is running. My attempt to execute init 5 command returns: Starting jexec services binary handler for Windows applications already registered -- huh? what? Windows!

I am off today so not necessarily any access to the affected box, unless someone has a really good idea I can go in on my own time. However, ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME! Please help.

D_bot
24th March 2009, 02:05 PM
PS

This thing does have a serial ata hard drive -- could it be the scsi thing all over again?

D_bot
25th March 2009, 12:26 AM
I still need help.

Could someone please tell me what the hell is it that is referred to as a boot status daemon?

Come-on, somebody, please give me a clue.