PDA

View Full Version : Firefox, NSPlugin and me

saywot
26th December 2008, 10:41 AM
My ISP home page is loaded full of Flash, there's buttons and advertisements all over the place..

One of these buttons directs me to my 'free media' stream (it's a few international news/sport internet TV channels.

When I direct my browser (firefox) to this stream - it locks up, completely and irrevocably.
Running Firefox from the terminal on this Fedora 10 machine produces the following as the last lines before it goes kaput

** NSPlugin Viewer *** ERROR: NPN_GetStringIdentifiers() wait for reply: Message timeout
*** NSPlugin Viewer *** WARNING:(../src/npw-viewer.c:831):invoke_NPN_GetValue: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))

I have disabled all plug-ins apart from the VLC plugin - the ISP insist that users run VLC for some reason and I can't see any NSPlugin in the list of add-ons

Now I'm pretty sure that the version of VLC is as buggy as all get-out (it crashes when I link to the stream directly) but what is causing the browser to just, um, stop ?

Brian1
26th December 2008, 04:18 PM
No idea as to the cause. Maybe post the link that causes the problem and see if others have the same issue.

Brian

saywot
26th December 2008, 11:41 PM
No idea as to the cause. Maybe post the link that causes the problem and see if others have the same issue.

Brian

unless you are a customer of my ISP then you may not be able to access the 'Members Area' where one finds the radio-button to access the streaming video