PDA

View Full Version : Whats More Stable, Core 2 or 3?

GrrrCnD085
19th August 2004, 10:40 PM
i was wondering whats more stable right now because i cant download this i hafta order it on cd's so im wondering whats better to order core2 or core3 if core3's stability issues are easy to fix then i can probably handle it or learn how but if theres some major issues that need huge downloads to patch then i might need to stick with core2 but yea just stupid questions i guess just give me some opinions im pretty good with this stuff so i think i can handle most stuff but i was just curious before i orderd it on cd thanks

~Doug

imdeemvp
19th August 2004, 11:06 PM
fc2 is stable...fc3 is beta test

GrrrCnD085
19th August 2004, 11:21 PM
ok but like...how bad is c3? is there a lot of problems with it or is it useable? lol

Jman
20th August 2004, 01:34 AM
Check out the 3 Testing (http://fedoraforum.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52) forum for current issues. If you can handle this and want the very latest, get it, else stick to Core 2.

imdeemvp
20th August 2004, 01:37 AM
ok but like...how bad is c3? is there a lot of problems with it or is it useable? lol

is not recommended for beginners...

GrrrCnD085
20th August 2004, 02:01 AM
yea...im not a beginner really...my previous linux os was slackware linux and ive messed around with gentoo i was just looking at the problems ppl are having and i think im gonna go with core2 umm are most of the problems with core 2 worked out in that case? or are there still problems? thanks for your quick and verry helpful replies

foolish
20th August 2004, 01:50 PM
Test releases are for developers and testers only, see the last fedora news summary (http://www.fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/issue15.shtml) on what a tester is supposed to do. If you're not a developer nor a tester, use a stable Core release.

Let me say this once more: Fedora Core test releases are development releases of which the only purpose is to improve Fedora Core before a new release.

If you want to help test, join the test mailing list and the devel list is a good idea as well. Always use latest stuff from rawhide and use bugzilla.redhat.com for bug rapports, if you don't file a single bug rapport or send a single mail to the testing list you're not supposed to be using a test release.