PDA

View Full Version : Installed Sun JDK, SELinux acting up

Lvw2000
3rd December 2008, 09:29 PM
I followed this guide:

http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/125/26/1/11/

But of course setting correcting all the paths to use JDK Update 11.

Now, if I try to run Eclipse I get:

SELinux is preventing consoletype (consoletype_t) "read" to /var/lib/dhclient/dhclient-pan0.leases (dhcpc_state_t).

SELinux denied access requested by consoletype. It is not expected that this access is required by consoletype and this access may signal an intrusion attempt. It is also possible that the specific version or configuration of the application is causing it to require additional access.

And if I start FireFox (with the java plugin changes applied) I get:

SELinux is preventing the plugin-config (nsplugin_config_t) from executing /opt/jdk1.6.0_11/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so.

SELinux has denied the plugin-config from executing /opt/jdk1.6.0_11/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so. If plugin-config is supposed to be able to execute /opt/jdk1.6.0_11/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so, this could be a labeling problem. Most confined domains are allowed to execute files labeled bin_t. So you could change the labeling on this file to bin_t and retry the application. If this plugin-config is not supposed to execute /opt/jdk1.6.0_11/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so, this could signal a intrusion attempt.

So basically, I can't use Java...

Anybody know what's wrong? It seems to be installed correctly...

Thanks in advance

SlowJet
4th December 2008, 12:13 AM
Most confined domains are allowed to execute files labeled bin_t. So you could change the labeling on this file to bin_t

Did you try this with chcon
man chcon

I'm assuming this is the real Sun java and not the fedora icetea class?
So it may not have a default selinux context.

The first message looks a bit more critical and may be fixed in updates-testing or koji for dhcp and selinux-policy udates.

SJ

Lvw2000
4th December 2008, 02:45 PM
OK thanks for the help.

I've disabled SELinux for now and everything seems to work fine, but I'll see if can find a better solution:)

Casper Hansen
5th December 2008, 01:00 AM
I got the same problem with Java and SELinux. I fixed it by running restorecon -R -v '/opt/jre1.6/plugin/i386/ns7'.

Hope that helps.