PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 10 | whither the 'Display Settings' ap?

forum.query
26th November 2008, 07:53 PM
In Fedora 8 (which I have on a number of other machines in my office), to 'twiddle' with various display settings, I simply select System-Administration-Display Settings.

However, I've noticed that with Fedora 10, there is no such application - so, how does one check/confirm/tweak display settings under Fedora 10? I know (or, read) that a bunch of things related to 'graphics' have been moved into the kernel, but...if true, is this why there is no way (that I've found) to tweak display settings?

Thanks in advance...

forum.query
26th November 2008, 08:11 PM
In Fedora 8 (which I have on a number of other machines in my office), to 'twiddle' with various display settings, I simply select System-Administration-Display Settings.

However, I've noticed that with Fedora 10, there is no such application - so, how does one check/confirm/tweak display settings under Fedora 10? I know (or, read) that a bunch of things related to 'graphics' have been moved into the kernel, but...if true, is this why there is no way (that I've found) to tweak display settings?

Thanks in advance...

Perhaps related - when I fire up System-Preferences-Hardware-Screen Resolution, the monitor type (I'm guessing) comes up as 'unknown'.

LBCoder
26th November 2008, 08:15 PM
yum install system-config-display

forum.query
26th November 2008, 08:18 PM
Turns out I needed to grab system-config-display from the Fedora repo. Have no idea why it wasn't installed in the first place.

Ah well...

forum.query
26th November 2008, 08:39 PM
yum install system-config-display

I was writing a post that I had stumbled across this about the same time you made your post. Thanks!

kenphillips
6th December 2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the posting on this issue, it has helped me too :)