PDA

View Full Version : OOO fonts proble in sub menus

surprie
24th November 2008, 10:26 PM
:confused:I have fedora dual booted with windows vista on a HP computer with Athlon 64 dual core processor. When trying to work with Open Office 2.4 , the following problems occur:

1. The toolbar> font and size are in such small characters that they are unreadable. and
2. When I invoke any submenu under format etc., again all characters and writing in them are too small and unreadable.

I do not know how they can be enlarged. I have made a screen shot but I do not know how to attach it here. Any help will be appreciated.

newiLuvatar
24th November 2008, 11:25 PM
which version of java do you run?

$ java -version
or

$ java -v
in a shell, depending if you have gnu java or sun java.
in ooo, go to Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org -> View and try to disable "use system font for user interface" and/or "screen font antialiasing"

p.s. uploads are broken in the current version of vbulletin. see http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=1103456&postcount=11 for details

surprie
25th November 2008, 04:00 AM
::confused:Java verion is 1.6.0
openJDK Runtime Environment
openJDK 64-bit server VM (build 1.6.0-b09)
openJDK 64-bit server VM (build 1.6.0-b09 mixed mode

Tried: OOO wtriter>tools>options OpenOffice.org> view and disabled use system fonts and antialiasing.
These changes did not have any effect.

JohnVV
25th November 2008, 04:24 AM
what screen resolution are you using and have you set
System / Preferences / Look and Feel / Appearance
-- Font -- tab

surprie
26th November 2008, 05:31 PM
I do not think screen resolution has anything to do with problem as I have tried with different resolutions with no effect. Current resolution is 800x600.
I have set the fonts to size 12 for the application, and it is shown correctly in the main toolbar..