PDA

View Full Version : No Sound on Asus Laptop

LDC
26th October 2008, 09:45 AM
hi all :)

just tested the live snapshot 3, and it has the same exact problem of all previous Fedora 10 versions I tried during this months: I get no sound on my Asus laptop.
I suppose the realtek audio on this system is newer than the "standard" one on others laptop, because no distro manages to have it working (I tested all incoming beta of the most common distros), and maybe no technical details have been disclosed by the vendor so no module for the kernel can be created.... but I may be wrong, so if there is any way to have it working I would be very happy :)

peace ;)

LDC
27th October 2008, 06:44 PM
no one with Asus laptop is having this problem? @,@

Balinus
27th October 2008, 09:59 PM
Same problem here. No sound from Asus laptop (M-50VM)

[root@localhost ~]# lspci -v | grep Audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Tried RC of Ubuntu 8.10 and no sound either.

I guess I'll wait for the official release of Fedora 10 and cross my finger. No fun at all....no music! :/ I'm stuck with Windows for this reason.

LDC
28th October 2008, 04:27 PM
Same problem here. No sound from Asus laptop (M-50VM)

[root@localhost ~]# lspci -v | grep Audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Tried RC of Ubuntu 8.10 and no sound either.

I guess I'll wait for the official release of Fedora 10 and cross my finger. No fun at all....no music! :/ I'm stuck with Windows for this reason.

we're in the same boat, I hope I'll be able to use soon my beloved Fedora :D

YeOK
28th October 2008, 04:45 PM
My New ASUS motherboard on board sound is also unsupported in Fedora 10, I guess we just have to wait for a driver.

JK3MP
28th October 2008, 04:49 PM
I had the same problem with my desktop computer...be sure you have all sound drivers installed and your using the correct sound manager to run settings. Fedora uses Pulse by default i believe.

Balinus
28th October 2008, 07:17 PM
I had the same problem with my desktop computer...be sure you have all sound drivers installed and your using the correct sound manager to run settings. Fedora uses Pulse by default i believe.

Yeah but all that surpass my competence :/

LDC
29th October 2008, 02:10 PM
I think that is a matter of drivers, the sound manager seems correct to me....