PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Themes not Updating when there is an Update

Demz
29th August 2008, 03:41 AM
Hello All

i got this weird problem I've been trying to solve, its relating to firefox Themes , Extensions Update without a Problem its themes that do not update they just get stuck in " waiting " they were working but its stopped for some reason, any ideas what i could look at changing? i have googled an searched the forum on it to really no avail,

i don't have Selinux Enabled,

Nokia
29th August 2008, 07:08 AM
Do you have Update Notifier extension installed and configured properly ? SeLinux has nothing to do with it.

Demz
29th August 2008, 07:15 AM
Do you have Update Notifier extension installed and configured properly ? SeLinux has nothing to do with it.
nope i dont have that even installed..i'll install it an see how i go,

Nokia
29th August 2008, 07:20 AM
It's a must have. I've been using it for years to keep up to date Firefox on all systems under my supervision. I modify the auto-check feature to 6 hours and also have automatic search and install at startup.

Demz
29th August 2008, 07:32 AM
It's a must have. I've been using it for years to keep up to date Firefox on all systems under my supervision. I modify the auto-check feature to 6 hours and also have automatic search and install at startup.ok i got it configured but doesnt help at all .. error message i get is that damm Error 228 which i have googled an did what it suggests but to no avail

i must admit Firefox3.0.1 is a bit flaky for me

Nokia
29th August 2008, 07:38 AM
I don't find it flaky at 175 open tabs running 24/7 but it depends of what flakyness means to you I guess :) Did you try removing the theme and adding it again ? I guess you should/could remove it's folder too. I f you install MrTech Toolkit extension you'll have more options which help in quickly finding an extension's folder.

Demz
29th August 2008, 07:51 AM
I don't find it flaky at 175 open tabs running 24/7 but it depends of what flakyness means to you I guess :) Did you try removing the theme and adding it again ? I guess you should/could remove it's folder too. I f you install MrTech Toolkit extension you'll have more options which help in quickly finding an extension's folder.
i might do that , but i found a new problem with it,, i now cant click on themes from the mozilla theme site an download them like before, must be something stopping it, but what though..ok this is a new problwem i just found it will not now allow me to down any firefox theme by right clicking on the " Add Theme To Firefox " button by right clicking on the link an Saving Link As, but i can download Thunderbird themes fine,

Nokia
29th August 2008, 07:54 AM
Any recent addition in your extensions list ?

Demz
29th August 2008, 08:00 AM
no recent no. . i only got Adblock Plus Better Gmail 2 Gmail Notifier GoogleBar an Update Notifier ..wwhat i might do is disable some extensions an see if one or more are stopping them

Nokia
29th August 2008, 08:05 AM
As I see it, the only potential culprit might be a subscription in Adblock Plus. I have also an issue with Firefox: vBulletin menus don't work, here or somewhere else. I suspect being a Java related issue but I don't know how to investigate this any further. Also, I've disabled every potential blocking extension (NoScript, Adblock Plus...) and got the same results, therefore I don't think those four extensions are really to blame.

Demz
29th August 2008, 08:13 AM
As I see it, the only potential culprit might be a subscription in Adblock Plus. I have also an issue with Firefox: vBulletin menus don't work, here or somewhere else. I suspect being a Java related issue but I don't know how to investigate this any further. Also, I've disabled every potential blocking extension (NoScript, Adblock Plus...) and got the same results, therefore I don't think those four extensions are really to blame.
im not gonna give up yet,, but thats given me some clues, .. thanks anyway Nokia