PDA

View Full Version : Very Low Sound.

DemonHeadx
22nd August 2008, 10:28 PM
hello everyone.

I am a first time fedora user. Also a first time linux user.

So here is my problem. I have sound coming out of my speakers, but I have my speakers set to maximum volume and I barely hear anything..

I set up the volume controls and everything. Is there some realtek sound drivers i can download or something?

Thank you for you help.

Also, I hope this is in the right section, if not pardon my mistake.

glennzo
22nd August 2008, 10:43 PM
Welcome to Fedora Forum DemonHeadx. What I often have to do to get decent sound volume is to make sure that PCM is up. Of course, all I want is sound, I don't care what driver I'm using or if it's 5.1 or 2.1 or 6 7/8. So I've attached a screen shot of my volume control. Notice that PCM is up and master is muted (don't remember actually muting master) but we've got sound here.

DemonHeadx
22nd August 2008, 10:48 PM
Well looking from your screen shot, I noticed that I was controlling the volume for my usb headset..

Thank you, but now I do have another problem.

My sound isn't as loud as it was in windows not really a big issue.

Another issue, that I do wish to address to is that there is like a whispering noise coming from the speakers. Can this be fixed? I will try other songs.

EDIT:

Well, I while in volume controls, I clicked the switches tab, and un-checked microphone and that noise went away lol :D

Also my speakers are loud.

Thank you for that screen shot. My problem is fixed.

marko
22nd August 2008, 11:18 PM
If you're using KDE desktop, it can also help to run the KDE sound mixer, it has
some volume sliders that don't seem to show up on the pulseaudio control.
Just go to Multimedia and run "Sound Mixer".

Some of these things will go away when F10 comes out, pulseaudio is due for
a big upgrade then (timer based sound mixing, etc).

glennzo
22nd August 2008, 11:19 PM
Great! Glad to be of help. Good thing too as I had no answer for your second question. :eek:

Cisco
29th November 2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks a lot, buddy. I am very new to Linux and I really start to like it. I installed Fedora 9 to one of my friends and he had the same problem so I gonna help him out with it (low volume)