PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 9 on eee Box - acpi, wifi and display problems

asphodeli
18th August 2008, 12:46 PM
Hi all, I've gotten an eee Box, and have installed Fedora 9 on it. However, the strange thing is that kacpid is at ~75% when i run top, using the "intel" driver in xorg.conf does not allow me to set display resolution to 1024x768@24bits in KDE and downloading the latest Ralink drivers from the official site does not compile:

[root@eeeBox RaLink]# ls
common iwpriv_usage.txt os RT2860STA.dat tools
include Makefile README_STA sta
[root@eeeBox RaLink]# make
make -C tools
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/Download/RaLink/tools'
gcc -g bin2h.c -o bin2h
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Download/RaLink/tools'
/root/Download/RaLink/tools/bin2h
cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/Makefile
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686/build SUBDIRS=/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686'
CC [M] /root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../common/rtmp_init.o
CC [M] /root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.o
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c: In function `rt_ioctl_giwscan':
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1076: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_event' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1076: warning: passing argument 3 of `iwe_stream_add_event' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1076: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_event' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1076: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_event'
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1092: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1092: warning: passing argument 3 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1092: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1092: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_point'
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1119: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_event' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1119: warning: passing argument 3 of `iwe_stream_add_event' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1119: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_event' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1119: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_event'
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1139: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_event' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1139: warning: passing argument 3 of `iwe_stream_add_event' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1139: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_event' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1139: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_event'
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1154: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_event' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1154: warning: passing argument 3 of `iwe_stream_add_event' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1154: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_event' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1154: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_event'
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1172: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1172: warning: passing argument 3 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1172: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1172: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_point'
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1202: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_value' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1202: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_value' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1202: warning: passing argument 5 of `iwe_stream_add_value' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1202: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_value'
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1224: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1224: warning: passing argument 3 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1224: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1224: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_point'
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1242: warning: passing argument 1 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1242: warning: passing argument 3 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1242: warning: passing argument 4 of `iwe_stream_add_point' from incompatible pointer type
/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:1242: error: too few arguments to function `iwe_stream_add_point'
make[2]: *** [/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux/../../os/linux/sta_ioctl.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/root/Download/RaLink/os/linux] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686'
make: *** [LINUX] Error 2
[root@eeeBox RaLink]#

Anyone has any ideas how to resolve these problems? I'm currently booting the kernel with acpi=off option to prevent kacpid from hogging the CPU.

OT: Does anyone know how to configure samba so that I can access it in Windows via its hostname instead of IP address? I've got samba working via IP address, but using hostname does not work.