PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky voices

madape
25th February 2004, 09:50 AM
Hello peeps :)

I've been quite happy with my ECS K7SOM+ motherboard, and use the onboard graphics and sound. SIS sound chip. However, I've noticed some speed problems. When I use the FUSE spectrum emulator, if I enable sound the emulator runs at a faster rate, roughly three times as fast. I just switched the sound off and put it down to a bug in FUSE.

But yesterday I installed a demo of Majesty, and the gameplay is the right speed, but all the villagers are running around talking very quickly in high squeaky voices :)

Wasn't sure if this was a driver, configuration or hardware problem, so I stuck it in general for the moment.

Bana
26th February 2004, 01:53 AM
Do music and other audio apps work okay besides those two? Try testing with xmms etc..

madape
26th February 2004, 11:39 AM
Yes, other audio bits work okay. Xmms, xine, other games. Its only fuse and majesty that do it. Maybe it just one of those strange things that happens :confused:

Bana
27th February 2004, 06:33 AM
Hmm, maybe fuse and majesty use the same buggy audio library that is causing the same audio distortion? Can't think of anything else though. GL