PDA

View Full Version : Question about Virtual Screen Size with Dual Monitors

soxfan
15th August 2008, 09:25 PM
I am currently running Fedora 9 with a nVidia GeForce 8600 GT dual-DVI video card. I had been running solely with a Samsung SyncMaster 204BW LCD monitor, which has a recommended resolution of 1680 x 1050. I'm now trying to setup an LCD HDTV on the second DVI port. The TV has a maximum resolution of 1280x720. My goal is to use the Samsung monitor for general use, ie web browsing, email, documents, etc.; and then switch over to the HDTV for multimedia stuff (primarily with MythTV). Right now I'm trying to work with TwinView, and I've got the MetaModes configured so that in the first mode everything is displayed on the Samsung, and then on the second mode everything switches to the TV. The problem I'm running into is that when I switch to the TV the virtual screen size is still 1680x1050. My question is, when I switch to the second mode is there a way to control the virtual screen size?

Beyond, the virtual screen size question, should I be looking at Xinerama or some other method to do what I'm trying to accomplish?

TIA,
John