PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch not seeing music.

vehyla
13th August 2008, 11:55 PM
Hello all.
After fooling around with my ipod touch 32gb with 1.1.4 firmware long enough. I managed to mount the ssfs and copy over my music. However the ipod touch does not see the music. I used a terminal to look through the directory and I see the mp3s under /var/root/Media/iPod_Control/Music/f??/kpod<numbers>.mp3. However when I go to the Music tab of my ipod touch I only see 5 songs, and they are not anything I would have put on there or own. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there a way to get the music player to recognize these songs? I have tried powercycling the ipod as well as opening the Music tab and holding the 1 button down until it beeped and reset the Music tab. Still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

vehyla
14th August 2008, 01:10 AM
Answering my own question I guess. I did some more playing and found out that the Directory I was mount "/var/root/Media" was wrong. So when I created my firewireguid it was going to the wrong directory. Here is an e-mail I SHOULD have read before posting.

I'm using 1.1.4 firmware on my iPod Touch.

The directory structure is a bit different. The core Media directory is:
/private/var/mobile/Media

I also had to create the directory /private/var/mobile/Media/iPod_Control/Device

Amarok pre-start command:

sshfs -o workaround=rename root@ipod:/private/var/mobile/Media /media/iPod_Touch