PDA

View Full Version : Revisor: Why is it asking for package: joe!!!

rweed
13th August 2008, 04:47 AM
I'm playing with Revisor to create an i386 spin of Fedora 8. It keeps telling me it can't find required package 'joe'!

I do yum info joe on my F8 installation and it tells me it's an fc7 package, but I can't find it in any 7 or 8 i386 repository!

WTF!

The very first time I tried it, it started to build, but then I ran out of disk space. After clearing that up, it keeps blowing up with this crap now.

rweed
13th August 2008, 07:03 AM
Okay, I guess, the package is in the remote repos, but it is not on the distro DVD (not the original one for F8 i386, anyway). I got around this by making it use my local DVD as 'updates' and the remote repo as 'fedora' so it would look local first. There are other packages (fonts, etc) that Revisor wants that aren't on the original DVD I have...weird.

Revisor definitely has some rough edges. I finally got the F8 i386 iso built. When I booted it, the screens all said F8 x86_64 at the top.

My goal is to get F8 to install on a 64MB RAM laptop. If I boot the install media in a 68MB VMware virtual machine, it starts. But, this is a topic for another thread...

Dangermouse
13th August 2008, 07:20 AM
Hi i vaguelly remember the same error, im fairly sure you will need change 1 to 0 in exact arch on the conf for f8, also in revisor.conf make sure allowconflicts is 1 and respin mode is 1, if i remember correctly, but it has been a while.

Skunk Worx
13th August 2008, 07:47 AM
The full package set for Fedora 8 (or F9 for that matter) cannot fit on the DVD. It's enough to get the install up.

The DVD has about 2500 packages, vs. F9 "Everything" which is about 10K packages. (I don't have f8 Everything handy to count it).

When you go to a Fedora Mirror on the net, they have the "Everything" release repo, which includes "joe" etc.

rweed
13th August 2008, 08:11 AM
Hi i vaguelly remember the same error, im fairly sure you will need change 1 to 0 in exact arch on the conf for f8, also in revisor.conf make sure allowconflicts is 1 and respin mode is 1, if i remember correctly, but it has been a while.
Okay, I will try those things...thanks!

rweed
13th August 2008, 08:13 AM
The full package set for Fedora 8 (or F9 for that matter) cannot fit on the DVD. It's enough to get the install up.

The DVD has about 2500 packages, vs. F9 "Everything" which is about 10K packages. (I don't have f8 Everything handy to count it).

When you go to a Fedora Mirror on the net, they have the "Everything" release repo, which includes "joe" etc.
Okay, understood. I just don't understand why Revisor wants it when it's not even in the packages list in that application and I didn't even select editors (it appears in pirut, however).

At any rate, I worked around it by jerking with the repo definitions in Revisor.