PDA

View Full Version : Add Program errored on FC2

firewallfrank
25th July 2004, 07:06 AM
Hello,
FC2 newbie question. I was attempting to install the development tools and it errored out when it was almost installed. Probably due to the fact that it was looking for Fedora FC2 disk 2 and I tried inserting it in the other CDROM drive and it couldn't find it, that's when it errored out on the install. Now when I try to remove the development packages and re-install them it won't remove the packages because it states that package dependencies exist for make, gettext, and binutils and these packages need installed first before it can remove the packages. When I attempted to manually install these packages the system states they are already installed so how do I refresh the RPM listing? Where do I go from here?

crackers
25th July 2004, 07:49 AM
Wow... uh, we need some additional detail information before we can help. Let's start with "What program are you using to install/remove the packages?"

firewallfrank
25th July 2004, 08:23 AM
I used the System Settings --> Add/Remove Applications from the desktop. From there I selected Development Tools which by the default install was not selected. I kept the default settings and it began installing the packages. It began w/ disk2 then asked for disk 1, I ejected disk 2 and put disk1 in, then it asked for disk 2 again and this is where I figure I messed up, because I put it in the other cdrom drive (that's what I get for trying to cut corners) and clicked OK. That's when the install errored out and quit.

triplehead
25th July 2004, 08:54 AM
my experience is that utility "add/remove programs" works only on fresh install. After you have used up2date, yum or apt it does not work properly anymore.