PDA

View Full Version : 32 bit libraries/OpenGL

Greatbob
12th August 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm trying to get EVE Online to work on my FC9 system. I have an nVidia card, with the latest drivers from Livna.org, and all of the listed dependencies are completely up to date. The configuration tool fails the OpenGL Direct Rendering and the ALSA Sound tests, but passes the 3D Acceleration and OSS Sound tests.

What happens is the splash screen loads, then I have a blank window that auto-closes after about 10 seconds. The website states, "If using a 64bit operating system you must install the 32bit libraries for that system." Now I'm assuming thats the issue, however it could also be the OpenGL not working properly.

So my questions are, how do I enable OpenGL Direct Rendering, and how do I either install or check if I have the 32bit libraries installed?

I have a nVidia 7900 GS, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer, and AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (Thats the hardware I believe relevant)

I'm fairly new to Linux, I've been using it on and off the the past year, but only to do my C++ programming assignments on for University. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

leigh123linux
12th August 2008, 04:19 PM
Try installing the 32bit libs !

su
yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i386

and post

glxinfo |grep direct

Greatbob
13th August 2008, 02:21 PM
Sorted, thanks for the input. It was the 32 bit libraries causing the issue.