PDA

View Full Version : No 'Create Launcher' menu in Nautilus 2.22.5.1

LinuxTom
9th August 2008, 01:09 AM
Has anyone else noticed that in Nautilus 2.22.5.1, when in the File Browser, right clicking the directory pane gives you no option to create a new launcher. The only items displayed are 'Create Folder' & 'Create Document'. This is also true of the File menu item.

/usr/share/nautilus/ui/nautilus-directory-view-ui.xml has the following in the New Items section.

<menu action="File">
<placeholder name="New Items Placeholder">
<menuitem name="New Folder" action="New Folder"/>
<menu action="New Documents">
<menuitem name="No Templates" action="No Templates"/>
<placeholder name="New Documents Placeholder"/>
<separator name="After New Documents"/>
<menuitem name="New Empty File" action="New Empty File"/>
</menu>
<menuitem name="New Launcher" action="New Launcher"/>
</placeholder>

Is something missing here perhaps?

Dangermouse
9th August 2008, 12:30 PM
Mine gives the option and the part of file you displayed looks the same as mine!

LinuxTom
9th August 2008, 02:11 PM
Very strange behavior, I normally only create launchers on the Desktop, but I needed to make one in a directory, and I noticed the entry was no longer there. I am positive that it was there after initial upgrade to F9.

I checked this by logging into GNOME as root, same situation, so it's not in my user profile, looks system wide.

Google turned up nothing on this matter.

LinuxTom
14th August 2008, 12:20 AM
Seems, I may be off base here, just looked at my old box running Fedora 7, and I see the "Create Launcher" item is only showing up when right clicking on the Desktop; not in a directory view in the file manager as I thought.

That's what happens after KDE goes sour and you switch to GNOME, guess I was imagining functionality that wasn't even there in the first place.